Long Haul Truck Driver
NG Truck & Trailer Repair Ltd.
Business Name: NG Truck & Trailer Repair Ltd.
Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
No. of Vacancies: 2
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Work Location: Unit 223 12451 82 Avenue Surrey BC V3W 3E9
Wage rate: $25.50/hour for 50-60 hours/week.
Education: Secondary (high) School Graduation Certificate
Credentials: Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: No Previous Experience
1. Operate and drive primary tractor-trailer, long combination vehicle to transport goods and materials.
2. Loading and unloading of goods.
3. Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo in accordance with safety requirements.
4. Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
5. Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
6. Receive and relay information to central dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
7. Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
8. Perform pre-trip, en route, post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and turning signals.
Additional Skills: Team working, Problem solving, Decision making & Continuous learning. Work under pressure
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test and valid passport.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding and handling heavy loads.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver's licence.
How to Apply: If you feel you are suitable for this job and have enough experience, please email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com