LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR - TRANSPORTATION
(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 1215)
Sage Logistics is transportation company operating out of Abbotsford, British Columbia. We provide our loyal clientele with secure and reliable transportation services that serve businesses across the lower mainland.
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Sage Logistics Ltd.
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 33654 Cherry Ave, Mission, BC V2V 2V6 Canada
We are looking to employ a Logistics Supervisor for our growing transportation company.
Our ideal candidate is efficient, responsible and committed. The Logistics Supervisor will plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization. He/She will be responsible for the overall supply chain management. The Logistics Supervisor include organizing and monitoring crew and routes. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
JOB TITLE: Logistics Supervisor
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; coordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization, establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Oversee the setting of transportation service rates and monitor revenue
- Negotiate for services and preferential rates
- Establish and implement policies and standards for the transportation and storage of goods
- Ensure transport compliance with regulations
- Oversee the scheduling and dispatching of vehicles and goods
- Monitor company's or department's performance, prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies
- Arrange for shipping documentation and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate in English.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Sitting for extended periods
- Willing to travel overnight, cross-border and for extended periods
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and Judgement
- Must be a team player, reliable and organized
- Must be available for all hours of operations and shifts including overtime and weekend work as required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If interested in this position, please apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 33654 Cherry Ave, Mission, BC V2V2V6 Canada with resume and cover letter.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.