Burnaby Digital Media Inc
June 24, 2021
May 23, 2022
Company: Burnaby Digital Media Inc
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Wage: $29 /hour
Job location: 253- 34334 Forrest Terrace, Abbotsford, B.C, V2S 1G7
Work Hours: 37.5 hrs/week
Language Requirement: English
Employment Type: Full time
No of Positions: 01
Minimum Experience Required: 1 year of relevant experience is required
Minimum Education: A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning
Completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts is required.
- liaising with clients to determine their requirements and budget
- managing client proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production
- working with clients, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites that meet the client's needs.
- determining size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size
- preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides or hire an illustrator or photographer to produce images that meet clients' communications needs
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as Web sites, CDs and interactive terminals
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians.
How to apply - Please e-mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org