July 05, 2021
March 04, 2022
$26.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Supervise loading, unloading and distribution of packages, including worker schedules.
- Oversee the dispatch area cleanliness, safety, and overall compliance with regulations.
- Complete paperwork including work orders and inventory.
- As per daily orders, direct and review work plan for assigned staff
- Implement appropriate safety guidelines and investigate injuries or unsafe conditions
- Complete all related administrative tasks such as sorting orders by route, end of the day reports & summary, invoicing, etc.
- Work closely with other shift supervisors and management to ensure smooth crossover of information
- Conduct training of new hires when required
- Coordinating logical routes for order delivery
- Hands on in logistics route planning
- Collect, verify and file previous day driver logs, receivers and shipments
- Log all Transportation and Shipping activities in excel spreadsheet
- Communicate with drivers, sales and client
- Direct, coordinate and organize the loading and receiving bays
- Back up for dispatcher when required (planning the daily routes for the trucks)
- Develop delivery schedules and drop shipment strategies
- Maintain accurate records and files of inventory usage
- Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems
- Assist in selection, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel
- Assist with budget preparation and administration
- Secondary school graduate is required
- 3 to 5 years of experience is required, experience in trucking industry preferred
- Experience managing multiple client orders in one day route preferred
- Flexibility and multitasking
- Excellent English communication skills
- Process and systems minded
- Candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment; work under pressure; attention to detail; large workload and with tight deadlines.
Salary & hours
Salary $26.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Etobicoke, ON, M9W 4V8
How to apply?
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com