Job title: Instructor of persons with disabilities (NOC: 4215)
Start date: As soon as possible
Working hours: 40 hours per week from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Entitled 1hour break). Or if the scheduled varies by day, requires to standby for night shift.
Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
Work location: Edmonton AB, Canada
- Assess the individual in areas such as physical limitations, orientation, and mobility, cognitive, social, and emotional skills/barriers in the natural environment.
- Develop individualized education, or care plans based on special needs of the client to facilitate her readaptation and independent living objectives/goals.
- Instruct person with daily/weekly therapeutic activities, such as hydrotherapy, oral placement therapy, recreational therapy and others.
- Assist individual with disabilities and family in the use of rehabilitative techniques, wheelchairs, and other devices designed to maximise clients' independence and potential.
- Collaborate with specialists, such as occupational therapist, speech-language pathologist, nutritionist, physiotherapist and doctor to develop the programs for the client's needs.
- Set up and maintain the operating or job-related equipment.
But are not limited to,
- Use of assisted technology to feed the client
- Assist the individual in self-help skills.
- Assist to turn, lift or position the individual.
- Assist to support the individual at the therapy, or treatment appointments.
- Preferred special education background.
- Experience in hydrotherapy, structured teaching, and adapted physical education trainings.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience
Completion of a college program in special education, rehabilitation, orientation and mobility, intellectual disability is required.
If you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org . Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.