Preference to Canadians, indigenous persons, aboriginals, vulnerable youth, newcomers, persons with disabilities, nanny with open work permit.
Title of position: In Home Caregiver ( Nanny )
Employer: Ada Wen Yi Chang
Work location: West Vancouver BC
Terms of employment: Full time.
Job Description and Duties:
- Supervise and care for children in employer’s own residence.
- Bathe, dress, feed children/ prepare them for a nap.
- Instruct children in personal hygiene.
- Oversee children’s activities, such as meals and rest periods, as instructed by employer.
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents.
- Organize and participate in activities such as games, crafts, reading and outings.
- Tend to emotional well -being of children and support their social development
- Take children to and from school and appointments.
- Read to children. Assume full responsibility for household in absence of the parents.
- Supervision and housekeeping duties. Prepare and serve nutritious meals to children.
Prepare children lunch box. Shop for food and household supplies, Wash, Iron and press clothing and household linens, Perform
light housekeeping and cleaning duties. Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
Wages: $16 per hour. 40 hours per week.
Work setting: Working in a private house during the employment.
Skills requirement and Experience:
- Completion of secondary school (12 years).
- One year or more in full- time experience in similar positions or completion of 6 month program in a relevant field is required.
- Able to speak, read and write English.- Able to work independently in an unsupervised setting.
- Provide 3 months health care insurance until covered by the Provincial Medical Plan.
- 2 weeks vacation every year.
- Work safe BC pay by employer.
Please contact about the job: Ada Chang