Bluebird Restaurant & Tavern
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
October 12, 2021
February 11, 2022
$16.00/hour plus tips, medical insurance, and meals while working
Bluebird Restaurant & Tavern located at 43 Levack Drive, Levack, Ontario, P0M 2C0, is seeking an experienced Cook specializing in Chinese cuisines to work at our restaurant in Levack, Ontario.
This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours/week), which is expected to start as soon as possible. The salary is $16.00/hour plus tips, medical insurance, and meals while working. Overtime hours will be paid at $24/hour after 44 hours. Accommodations are also available for rent at $50/week.
The main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Preparing and cooking a variety of Chinese cuisines and other dishes for customers as per the menu and ensuring the taste of food and quality is maintained;
- Measuring and assembling ingredients for menu items;
- Inspecting kitchen and food service areas and ensuring that all ingredients, kitchen, and food service areas adhere to safety and health standards;
- Communicating with restaurant owner about how to improve meal service; and
- Monitoring and ordering supplies.
- Cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas after preparing food items;
The following skills are required for this position:
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a cook preparing Chinese cuisine;
- Extensive experience in Sichuan food;
- Extensive experience with wok cooking; and
- Experience in making sushi.
Applicants can communicate in any of the following languages at the workplace: English, Mandarin, or Cantonese.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org