Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Vehicle supplied by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines
Team player, Flexibility, Organized, Client focus
Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
MS Excel, MS Word
Major Work Area
Project Size Estimating Experience
0 - $100,000
- Prepare estimates of labour and/or material costs.
- Prepare master format estimates (Class A).
- Prepare elemental format estimates (Classes B, C, D).
- Prepare estimates for general expenses and overheads.
- Project cash flow and financing requirements.
- Estimate pre-contract costs.
- Calculate quantity of works.
- Utilize quantity take-off procedures.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems.
- Monitor and adjust contract expenditures.
- Prepare and maintain directory of supplies and trade contractors.