Pentland’s Prosthetics & Orthotics Services Inc.
December 28, 2021
May 27, 2022
Pentland’s Prosthetics & Orthotics Services Inc. is committed to helping people achieve their goals by enhancing their quality of life and restore their independence. We are looking for a Prosthetic Technician to join our branch located in Prince George, BC.
Job Position: Prosthetic Technician
Work location: 2245 Westwood Dr, Prince George, BC, V2N 4V6
Salary: C$25.50/ hr; 40hr/wk
Position: Permanent & Full time
Education: 2- to 3 year college program in prosthetics and orthotics and one to two years of supervised practical training or Completion of secondary school and up to four years of supervised practical training under a certified prosthetist or orthotist
Experience: Exp: 3 to 5 years
- Work with the prosthetics who assess the patient’s needs and you'll then make the prosthesis using appropriate materials.
- Work with a range of materials including plastics, metals, leather, carbon fiber and composites. Prostheses are made to measure, designed specifically for each patient.
- Frequently you'll be involved in the design stage, using use digital imaging techniques, CAD (computer-aided design) and CAM (computer-aided modeling).
- You will aim to design and create prostheses which match as closely as possible the missing limb. You'll also take into account what the patient wants and needs their prosthesis to help them achieve.
- Repair, rebuild and modify prosthetic and orthotic appliances or orthopedic footwear
- May have to take the body or limb measurements of patients.
Skills and personal characteristics needed
A prosthetic technician needs to be :
• good with their hands
• able to work to deadlines
• methodical and accurate
• able to work from technical instructions
Training and development
You'll be given the training you need for the job including:
• an introduction to the department and its procedures
• how to use the equipment
• manufacturing processes
Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Organized
Interested Candidates are requested to email their resume at: email@example.com