(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code: 2173)
Jo Cloud Solutions Inc. is an information technology firm located in Vancouver,
British Columbia. We create software solutions for a wide variety of clients of all sizes and provide unbeatable personalized service.
Our service includes a comprehensive consult to help identify gaps and opportunities, a comprehensive report that includes a project plan with timelines and milestones, a cost analysis, and a schedule. We also offer a suite of quality products and services that will help clients get there quickly and smoothly. Our expertise includes but not limited to: ERP Development, Upgrade & Maintenance, Java-based Frameworks, Open-source Technologies, Cloud-based Development, End-to-end Integration, Networks and Systems Security. Simply, we are client-focused and results driven.
Company Operating Name: Jo Cloud Solutions Inc.
Business Address: Suite 300, 3665 Kingsway, Vancouver BC V5R 5W2 Canada
Our firm requires a skilled and experienced DevOps Engineer to add to our growing team and work on existing and upcoming projects. Our ideal candidate is skilled, adaptable,
self-motivated and works well as a part of a team.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
- Explore user requirements to adapt and design software that meets the needs of the user.
- Develop and manage database systems
- Research, review and analyze data and technical information to design, develop and test software systems
- Perform routine testing on the software to ensure quality performance
- Put forward ideas that improve the software and put those improvements in place
- Plan, design and co-ordinate software development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Troubleshoot, test and develop ways to maintain operating systems and other software
- Collaborate with developers and test engineers, to support their efforts to build a supportable and testable product
- Design and implement application deployment and configuration management solutions to meet the needs of application deployment and management
- Testing miscellaneous components and systems using a combination of manual and auto-testing techniques
- Optimize architecture and evaluate design performance through the development of data, process and network
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Long Term
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Wages: $53.00 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis
Location of Work:
- Suite 300, 3665 Kingsway Vancouver, BC V5R 5W2, Canada
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Education, Experience and Language Requirements:
- 4 years’ experience as a DevOps engineer
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Verbal and written English communication skills
Additional Skills and Other Requirements:
- Critical thinking and Complex problem solving
- Flexibility, Judgment and decision-making
- Operation and control
- Quality control analysis
- Systems analysis
- Time management
- Passion for accountability and adding value
- Outgoing, courteous, and professional
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Must be a team player, efficient, reliable and organized
- Love working in a fast-paced environment where your performance is recognized
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Persons with Disabilities.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to us at JoCloudSolutionsCanada@gmail.com
or by mail to Jo Cloud Solutions Inc., Suite 300, 3665 Kingsway, Vancouver BC V5R 5W2 Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.