FARM SUPERVISORAbbotsford - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Business address: M. & G. Bros. Farms Holdings 143 Mt. Lehman Rd Abbotsford BC, V4X 2L5
Benefits Package: Accommodation Provided; 4% vacation
Job Type: Full time, 35 to 40 hours a week
Start Date of Employment: as soon as possible
Minimum Education: Secondary School
Experience: Hands-on experience 2 years of experience in similar position.
Number of positions available: 1
- Schedule and oversee the work of general farm labourers and pickers
- Co-ordinate harvesting activities to ensure peak efficiency
- Perform practical activities, i.e.: drive tractors, operate machinery, spray fields, inspect sprinklers, etc.
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Train new staff and ensure that they are aware of company policies and are given role clarity and to enable them to competently carry out tasks required of them
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are understood and strictly adhered to
- Promote and project a positive attitude towards the Farm and its’ objectives
- Perform general farm duties as needed
- The ability to take initiative and handle whatever situation that may arise.
- Must be flexible in nature in order to roll with ever-changing conditions.
- Must know how to get people working together and enable teamwork.
- Able to communicate in English; Spanish an asset
Salary: $19.00 /hour
Apply by e-mail: