Company Operating Name: Pranavom Consulting Inc.
Company Website: https://www.pranavom.ca/
Business Address: 105-4300 North Fraser Way, Burnaby, BC V5J 0B3
Our firm requires a skilled and experienced DevOps Engineer to add to our growing team and work on existing and upcoming projects. Our ideal candidate is skilled, adaptable,
self-motivated and works well as a part of a team.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
- Explore user requirements to adapt and design specifications that meet the needs of the user.
- Develop and manage database systems
- Research, review and analyze data and technical information to design, develop and test software systems
- Put forward ideas that improve the software and put those improvements in place
- Plan, design and co-ordinate installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Troubleshoot, test and develop ways to maintain operating systems and other software
- Collaborate with developers and test engineers, to support their efforts to build a supportable and testable product
- Testing miscellaneous components and systems using a combination of manual and auto-testing techniques
- Optimize architecture and evaluate design performance through the development of data, process and network
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Key Skills Recommended for this position:
- Configuration and Deployment tool – Ansible, Terraform
- CI Tools – Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Linux Server Administration - CentOS/AWS Linux
- Proficient on AWS Cloud (EC2, Fargate, S3, EFS, Lambda, RDS)
- Experience working on NoSQL DBs, eg: Cassandra
- Experience with containers & orchestration systems like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience on build scripting like MAVEN/Gradle, etc.
- Experience on Version Control system (Github preferred)
- High proficiency with scripting using Python and Shell scripts
- Monitoring tool experience like Splunk/ Nagios/ Icing
- Understanding on Application servers - Nginx etc.
- Experience with Centralized Log collection and analytics using Splunk/ELK
Good to have:
- AWS Certified - DevOps / Solutions Architect
- Experience provisioning, deploying, monitoring & maintaining code of large, hosted platforms in a microservice environment
- Experience provisioning, patching, maintaining large number of Linux machines in a data center environment.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Long Term
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Wages: $62.50 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
Location of Work:
105-4300 North Fraser Way, Burnaby BC V5J 0B3
Anticipated Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Education, Experience and Language Requirements:
- 3 years’ related experience
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Verbal and written English communication skills
Additional Skills and Other Requirements:
- Critical thinking and Complex problem solving
- Flexibility, Judgment and decision-making
- Quality control analysis
- Systems analysis
- Time management
- Passion for accountability and adding value
- Outgoing, courteous, and professional
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Must be a team player, efficient, reliable and organized
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Persons with Disabilities.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 105-4300 North Fraser Way, Burnaby BC V5J 0B3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.