Employer : Hothi Drywall Ltd.
Location : 14850 71 Ave Surrey BC V3S 0X3
Job Title : Iron Worker
NOC Code : 7236
Positions Available : 1
Term : Permanent, Full Time.
Salary : $35.00/hr
Start Date : As Soon As Possible.
Education : High School
Language : English
Experience : 1 to 2 Years
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Tight deadlines, Large workload, handling heavy loads, Overtime required, Bending, crouching,
kneeling, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, physically demanding, Ability to Supervise 1 to 2 people
Work Site Environment At heights, Confined spaces, Noisy, Dusty
Major Work Area Construction, Renovation, Maintenance and repair
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out work
- Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Erect and install scaffolding, hoisting equipment and rigging
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of the structural steel
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts or by welding them into place
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to blueprints
- Align and weld or bolt steel units in place
- Fabricate, erect, hoist, install, repair and service structural ironwork, reinforcing materials, curtain walls, ornamental iron
- Assemble and erect prefabricated metal structures
- Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
- Install ornamental and other structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
- Examine structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or non-compliance with specifications
- May dismantle structures and equipment.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and resume or mail at 14850 71 Ave Surrey BC V3S 0X3