• Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
• Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
• Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
• Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
• Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
• Designing and installing cabinets, shelving, fitted furniture, drywall and insulation
• Adding fixtures and fittings such as door handles, locks, hinges and closures
• Selecting lumber by size and strength to suit each job, sourcing wood to suit the customer’s budget and style
• Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
• Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
• Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
• Calculating the number of fasteners required for each job
• Liaising with clients, suppliers and other construction professionals
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Install, maintain, and repair a variety of products, ranging from cabinets to insulation to tile to drywall
• Perform work in accordance with safety best practices
• Maintain tools and equipment in safe operating condition
• Conduct building inspections and identify needed repairs
• Document repairs and maintain thorough records
• Cut, shape, and alter materials as needed
• Build doors, cabinets, and windows
• Measure and mark materials for alterations
• No particular education requirement.
• 2- 3 years’ experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to operate hand, air, and power tools
• Ability to read technical documents and drawings
• Requires the ability to read, write, communication in English
• Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
• Good physical condition and endurance
$25.50 for 35 hours per week
North York, ON, M2N7E9
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org