Job duties as below
- Determine food and supply needs based on rotating menus
- Inspect food products and supplies as needed
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Organize all food prep station to ensure smooth and efficient flow in the kitchen.
- Ensures that inventory of supplies is completed regularly, and items required are in-stock.
- Ensure work environment and stations are clean and sanitized
- Comply with outlined safety regulations and procedures
- Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Ensures all service lines are replenished as needed on an ongoing basis.
- May assist with operation of cleaning equipment and dishwashing machines when needed to ensure cleanliness of all kitchen areas, tools and utensils.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 1 year to less than 2 years’ experience in cooking is required, Indian dishes preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to stand for extendable periods
- Excellent English communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
Salary & hours
$16.00 & 40 hours’ weekly
Moncton, NB E1C 1G3
Send us your resume on email address