Human Resources Officer
T&S Transportation Systems Inc.
Unit 106 11539 136 Street Surrey BC V3X 1H8
Salary: $29.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible or April 01, 2022 at the latest
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Personnel and Recruitment Officers (1223)
NOC Job Title: Human Resources Officer
T&S Transportation Systems Inc., a large fleet of over the road drivers, provide truckload transportation service to virtually all markets at any length of haul. We are currently looking for a Human Resources Officer.
• Precisely identify immediate and future staffing requirements, prepare and post notices and advertisements, and collect and screen applications
• Ensure employee files, safety and compliance reports, and other files are established and maintained consistent with legal and corporate requirements
• Conduct audit sampling of driver files, drug test reports, vehicle maintenance files, accident files, hours of service logs, ensure adherence to company policy and legislative requirements
• Prepare, Update, and Maintain employee files as per company policies
• Prepare, draft, edit, proofread, and advertise the vacancies in the company internally and externally at various public platforms including but not limited to national job posting websites, industry specific websites, and regional websites
• Advise job applicants on employment requirements and on terms and conditions of employment
• Review candidate inventories and contact potential applicants to arrange interviews and arrange transfers, redeployment and placement of personnel
• Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers and employment contracts
• Review roadside truck inspection reports from enforcement officers and coordinate with maintenance to resolve issues and prevent future occurrences
• Advise managers and employees on staffing needs, policies, and procedures
• Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
• Negotiate settlements of appeals and disputes and co-ordinate termination of employment process
• Determine eligibility to entitlements, arrange staff training and provide information or services such as employee assistance, counselling and recognition programs
• Communicate effectively with company’s employees, corporate lawyers, chartered professional accountant, immigration consultant, and other business associates for human resources issues of the company
• A university degree or a college diploma in a field related to personnel management such as Business administration, Public administration, Commerce, Human Resources, or Personal administration is required. Certification as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or a Master’s Degree in the aforementioned fields will be an asset to have.
• 2-3 years of experience in a clerical or administrative or entry level position related to human resources or administration is required.
• Excellent communication skills in written and oral English are required.
• Excellent interpersonal & relationship building skills
• Extremely organized, excellent coordination & collaboration skills, Superior oral and written communication skills, Strong proficiency in English
• Ability to handle confidential material and situations with tact and discretion
• Strong ability to take initiative and complete tasks as assigned
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment standards act 4% vacation pay of the gross salary or 10 days of annual paid vacation. Extended medical benefits are offered after completion of 90 days of employment.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, seniors to apply. Willing candidates are requested to apply immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mail: Unit 106 11539 136 Street Surrey BC V3X 1H8