• Ensures the safety and cleanliness of the equipment and station before cooking begins
• Follow all standard kitchen procedures as required throughout the shift
• Assists in receiving items and confirms that items are of good quality & accurate quantity
• Checking that ingredients remain fresh and safe for consumption.
• Work organized, clean, professional with a high level of a hospitality focus
• Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas
• Preparing meals in accordance with customers' preferences, if applicable.
• Tracking the components of each meal to ensure that the final dish is completed in a timely manner.
• Slicing, cutting, shredding, tenderizing, and skewering meat and vegetables.
• Braising and grilling meat and vegetables.
• Ensuring that your workstation remains clean and orderly at all times.
• Tracking inventory to ensure that you always have adequate supplies.
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas & clean kitchen and work areas
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
• No experience required
• Desire for continuous learning and professional development
• Capacity to stand for long hours
• Thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines or willingness to learn asap.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
• Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on holidays, as required
• Excellent verbal communication skills in English
Salary & hours
$17.00 per hour for 35 hours a week
Location - Brampton, ON
Number of Vacancies - 1
TO APPLY: If the position interests you, please send us your resume to email@example.com