All applicants are welcome (including youth, aboriginals, newcomers/new
immigrants, capable seniors, citizens, and permanent residents).
Company Operating Name: Landau Gage Inc.
Business Address: 2950 Kew Drive, Windsor, ON N8T 3G7
# Of Vacancies: Tool and Die Maker - 1
Job Duties / Specific Skills:
- Detailing current designs
- In charge of preparing sketches, templates, and work processes
- Sets up machine tools, compute dimensions and tolerances
- Manufacturing and machining of details
- Interpret engineering drawings and understand the specifications of tools, dies, prototypes and models
- Prepare stock metal or castings to layout for machining and making sure that it is positions securely.
- Set-up, operate and maintain different types of CNC machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, drill, bore, grind or otherwise shape workpiece to prescribed dimensions and finish
- Assemble of gages
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as verniers, calipers, micrometers, coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and electronic measuring devices
- Assemble and dismantle parts of the machine using hand tools
- Maintain tools, dies, jigs or fixtures for proper operation
- Occasionally program CNC tools
- Creating concepts with full designs, material list, purchased items list and programming of data collection systems
Terms of Employment: 2 years
Language of work: English
Wage: $29.00 per hour
Benefit Package: Limited Health and Dental Coverage (50/50)
co-pay), 2 weeks of vacation, Life Insurance
Location of work: Windsor, ON
All safety equipment such as safety glasses, steel-toed safety boots, gloves and others are company provided.
Education: Secondary Education
Work Experience: 1-2 years of work experience
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is an asset
Job Contact Information:
Email Address: email@example.com
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.