Surrey - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Altro Industries Inc.
Printing & Publishing
March 02, 2022
September 02, 2022
Start date: June 2022
Hourly wage: $35
Hours per week: 40
Benefits: Extended health care (Medical & Dental)
Location: Surrey, BC
Task and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specification. Confers with production co-workers to coordinate activities of the department
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and the use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the plant.
- Maintains quality, efficiencies, and production levels set by management. Communicates these standards to subordinates.
- Directs and trains co-workers in the operation of machinery and equipment.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Reports needs to maintenance for preventive maintenance and/or repair/modification.
- Maintains inventories of raw materials, including papers, inks and other converting supplies.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Inspects work in progress and finished goods.
- Interprets factory cards and directs the work flow in the plant. Resolves work problems as needed.
- Reviews errors and complaints. Assists in any corrective and/or preventive action as needed.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operation delays.
- Communicates with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Prepares and provides subordinate performance evaluations.
- Keeps upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of violating co-workers.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as requested.
- College degree/Diploma or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in supervisory or inspections role
- Working experience in Corrugated, paper, printing packaging or similar manufacturing environments is an asset
- Ability to provide technical and non-technical support to the operation team.
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to increase teamwork and achieve a result.
- Strong leadership and teamwork attributes.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & windows
- Language of work: English
How to apply
2022 - All Rights Reserved.