DIGI Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are currently looking for a permanent and full-time Product Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in bringing new technologies to the market by providing expertise in design, development and testing of electronic components, equipment and systems.
- Assist in inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of various DIGI products such scales, wrapping equipment, automatic labelers, electronic price tags etc.
- Write specifications, technical manuals, reports and written instructions.
- Provide technical training to service, administration, production and sales team on new products.
- Assist in the deployment and evaluation of new technologies in the field.
- Provide technical support and training to existing and new employees.
- Assist in the Quality Control process at DIGI Canada to ensure product quality is maintained as per company standards.
- Calibrate and setup electronic equipment according to technical manuals and written instructions.
- Support key customer accounts (major grocery chains) and other independent grocery stores throughout the country.
- Support and assist other DIGI Canada Inc. technicians as needed.
Education, skills and experience required:
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology or related field
- Must have a solid mechanical aptitude and a good understanding of electrical schematics and electronics.
- Experience in a technical role with a high level of customer interaction is preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in a similar role
- Must enjoy travelling and working out in the field
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Apply technical skills in an effective manner
- Advanced network computer skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Hands on experience in software, hardware and peripheral devices
- Working knowledge of Multimedia systems, LAN and Wireless networks
- Proven record in customer services skills
- Read schematics and technical manuals
- Exposure to general networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale systems preferable
Compensation & Benefit:
$32.00/hour, Group Benefit - health, dental, medical, life insurance, short and long term disability, family assistance, travel insurance, profit-sharing bonus. 15 days paid vacation.
Work Location: 87 Moyal Crt, Concord, ON L4K 4R8
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (email).
(Only those selected for an interview will be contacted)