Robba da Matti
Job location: Vancouver - BC, British Columbia
Job ID: #JP247-138608
Employer: Robba da Matti
Job Category: Restaurant & Cafe
Posting date: May 18, 2022
Expiry date: September 17, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing, leading and motivating the Service Kitchen staff.
- Perform all jobs delegated to Cooks.
- Follow all standardized recipes for the pastas & sauces we have on the regular menu.
- Assist the Executive Chef in creating new menu items for specials on a weekly, monthly & seasonal basis.
- Create standard recipes for above
- Delegate tasks on the service line
- Communicate with the owners (or the executive chef) about any staff initiatives or ideas that can improve the overall function of the company.
- Discipline Service staff when they are not performing up to expectation.
- Treat all guests, staff, colleagues within the organization, the executive, government agencies and officers, the landlord and building manager, any business associations we may be involved with, our local business community, the media, and the general public that comes into contact with our organization with courtesy and respect.
- Coordinate with all parties concerned for special events, large group bookings, promotional campaigns, menu changes etc.
- Think about new ways to improve the marketing appeal of the company.
- Ensure all equipment in the Kitchen sphere is well maintained.
- Troubleshoot any malfunctioning equipment. Fix the equipment if it’s within your means or coordinate with the proper professional to come and repair it if it’s outside your scope of ability.
- Communicate with the owners (or the executive) about any issues that are beyond your scope to resolve on your own.
- Training of Service Kitchen staff.
- Communicate in Ordering product.
- Responsibility in remaining within budget for labor, supplies, and cost of goods sold (COGS) for the Production Kitchen.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Completion of a high school diploma is mandatory.
- A diploma or certificate in Hospitality management is preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, and procedures.
- Operational knowledge of hospitality and cooking equipment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Leadership and communication skills, ability to supervise.
- Team player.
- Accuracy and speed in executing daily tasks.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
Pay Rate/ Salary: CAD$ 20 per hour
Health Insurance benefits, dental vision, and life insurance.
If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org