(National Occupational Classification 2016 - NOC Code : 6322)
Archie’s Grill is Surrey’s Authentic Filipino restaurant located in Guildford.
We prepare our food with care and joy, using traditional Filipino recipes.
Archie’s Grill aims to deliver a taste of the Philippines by providing quality food and great customer service to all its clients.
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Archie’s Grill
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 10180 153 St., Surrey, BC, V3R 0B5, Canada
We are looking to add to our team a passionate and responsible Cook who can work collaboratively to manage all responsibilities related to kitchen operations and maintenance, who is passionate about food and the hospitality industry and bring their experience in authentic Filipino cuisine. Our ideal cook is a motivated self-starter that can anticipate any problems before they happen. The cook should have the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, multitask, and effectively communicate.
JOB TITLE: Cook
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Preparing and cooking complete meals including authentic Filipino food, including but not limited to, bangus, tapsi, sisig and, kare-kare.
- Wash, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances.
- Use deep fryer, grill, oven, dispensers and other equipment
- Plating, assembling, wrapping or placing all food products meeting restaurant standards
- Monitor all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure quality and good presentation
- Complete all aspects of the job in a manner that will not affect the speed or quality of customer service at any time.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices.
- Maintain clean and safe kitchen environment adhering to food safety rules, quality and control standards.
- Receiving, storing and preparation of all food products according to Archie’s Grill Ltd.’s speciﬁcations and practices.
- Maintaining daily inventory of prepared products and supplies.
- Communicate with customers, staff and management in a friendly, yet professional manner.
- Other duties as required.
Other related duties as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
WAGES: $16.50 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
LOCATION OF WORK: 10180 153 St., Surrey, BC, V3R 0B5, Canada
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of Secondary school is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- · Two or more years of cooking experience.
- Good knowledge in the areas of Authentic Filipino cuisine
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Capable of lifting/pushing heavy objects weighing over 40 lbs.
- Sometimes work in a noisy and distracting environment.
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Spatial awareness and ability to navigate a busy kitchen.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Client focus and dependability.
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized
- Must be available before and after hours to open and close the restaurant as required
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If interested in this position, please apply by email email@example.com with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.