COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Jason Nguyen Landscaping
This growing landscaping company is in need of a landscaping supervisor to oversee upcoming projects and contracts. Our ideal candidate is experienced, proactive and efficient with outstanding leadership skills.
JOB TITLE: Landscaping Supervisor
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Supervise and evaluate the work of landscaping workers
- Recruit and instruct landscaping workers in their responsibilities and established work procedures
- Arrange for landscaping contracts and labor needs
- Create and implement work schedules and oversee operations
- Estimate requirements for supplies and materials and place orders for the same
- Maintain financial and other records
- Design solutions to any encountered work challenges
- Meet and establish relationships with clients
- Perform landscaping duties such as pruning, mowing lawns, planting, watering, applying insecticide and fertilizing
- Safely operate landscaping tools and equipment including lawnmowers, pruning equipment, saws, chain saws etc.
- Other related duties as required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
WAGES: $26.50 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
- Insurance from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board covered by employer.
- Vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a semi-monthly basis.
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of Secondary school is an asset
- Ability to communicate in English.
- · Two or more years of landscaping experience
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Capable of lifting/pushing heavy objects weighing over 40 lbs.
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Spatial awareness and ability to navigate a busy workplace.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Client focus and dependability.
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If interested in this position, please apply by email, email@example.com with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.