Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware; Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools; Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements; Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials; Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Major Work Area
- Renovation; Maintenance and repair; Construction
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Work Site Environment
- At heights; Noisy; Dusty
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Values and ethics; Reliability
- Financial benefits
Employment groups Help -
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.