Kootenay Cannabis Ltd.DBA Kootenay Cannabis is looking for a Marketing Co-ordinator. Please refer to the job description provided below, interested candidates may apply for this position via e-mail provided below:
Job Title – Marketing Co-ordinator
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent (at-least 37.5 hours per week)
Wages: $29/ Hour
Number of Positions: 01
Language Requirement: English
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Minimum Education Required: A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is required.
Work Experience Required: At-least 1 year of work experience required in a similar role
Job Location: 1306 Columbia Ave, Castlegar, BC, V1N 1H2
• Study the products and advise the clients the appropriate marking strategy for the products.
• Supervise Ecommerce Marketing Team.
• Research on customer requirement by conducting surveys and develop new strategies for the campaigns.
• Monitor the results of the campaigns on a timely basis to evaluate the need of improvement in strategies.
• Prepare and present marketing materials and presentations to internal and external customers.
• Generate the campaign results reports, analyse the results and share it with the management.
• Collaborate with IT department to establish site analytics.
• Creates graph in the system to track product sales.
• Lead development of tailored marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate with Marketing Managers on designing and implementing email and digital marketing campaigns.
• Manage the day-to-day operational side of marketing campaigns.
• Deploy emails using 3rd-party tool.
• Assure campaigns follow email process and production schedule. Operationally this includes planning and implementation of campaign configuration, data, tagging/tracking, QA, launch, monitoring, etc.
• Manage process of loading HTML/Text emails into 3rd-party email service provider interface to ensure rendering across multiple email clients and devices.
• Monitor and address technical issues relating to email delivery and ensure ongoing compliance, Anti Spam and appropriate legislations that impact our email campaigns.
• Develop strategies with team to increase the deliverability success of campaigns. Maintain data to ensure data quality including duplication, cleansing and segmentation.
• Review and adjust practices based on analytics and reporting.
• Make recommendations for efficiencies within the campaign management process.
• Provides Consumer Direct and other business channel campaign support as required.
• Oversee non-Consumer Direct email campaigns (newsletters/stand-alone/triggers) including monitoring (24/7), updating and re-designs.
• Maintain daily contact with internal stakeholders and vendors during the entire campaign process.
• Handle media related activities if required.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org