Holy Bangla Eateries Ltd.
June 01, 2022
December 31, 2022
COMPANY OPERATING NAME: Holy Smoke Bangladeshi Restaurant
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 2017 Commercial Dr., Vancouver, BC, V5N 1J8, Canada
We are looking to add to our team a passionate and responsible Restaurant Supervisor who can work collaboratively to manage all responsibilities related to restaurant operations and maintenance, who is passionate about food and the hospitality industry and bring their experience in our restaurant. Our ideal supervisor is a motivated self-starter that can anticipate any problems before they happen. The Restaurant Supervisor should have the ability to work in a dynamic team environment, multitask, and effectively communicate.
JOB TITLE: Restaurant Supervisor
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
- Plan, organize, control policies and procedure, evaluate the operations of the restaurant and ensure that standards are maintained.
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, monitor and order supplies.
- May hire and train kitchen staff, scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers daily, weekly and monthly.
- Manage staff work schedule that includes opening and closing the store, and monitor their performance.
- Monitor all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure quality and good presentation of all food
- Making sure the recipes are adapted to special requests such as allergies and special diets.
- Complete all aspects of the job in a manner that will affect the speed or quality of customer service in a positive way.
- Maintain clean and safe restaurant environment adhering to food safety rules, quality and control standards.
- Receiving, storage and preparation of all food products according to Holy Smoke Restaurant’s speciﬁcations and practices and overseeing kitchen operations.
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of prepared products, supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with customers, staff and management in a friendly, yet professional manner.
- Other related duties as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full-time, Long-term.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
WAGES: $17.50 per hour
OVERTIME: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
LOCATION OF WORK: 2017 Commercial Dr., Vancouver, BC, V5N 1J8, Canada
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Six or more months of related experience.
- Ability to communicate in English.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Work under pressure.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Sometimes work in a noisy and distracting environment.
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Spatial awareness and ability to navigate a busy workplace.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Client focus and dependability.
- Must be a team player, flexible, reliable and organized
- Must be available before and after hours to open and close the restaurant as required
- Must be available for all hours of operation including overtime and weekend work as required.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities and Vulnerable Youth.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.