- 1 year to less than 2 years
Ability to Supervise
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment.
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks.
- Load computer tapes and disks and install software and printer paper and forms.
- Provide problem-solving services to network users.
- Implement data, software and hardware security procedures.
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software.
- Set up local area networks and connections to the Internet.
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance.
- Perform Web-server backup and recovery operations, Supervise technical staff.
Terms of Employment
- Permanent employment, Fulltime, 40 hours/week
- Medical covered till candidate is eligible for OHIP, 5 days sick leave and 10 days paid vacation.
How to apply
2250 Bovaird Drive East