Gulf Island Veterinary Clinic
June 20, 2022
July 20, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the veterinarian in the care of animals
- Perform an initial evaluation of the animal's condition
- Clean and wrap wounds
- Check vital statistics, collect samples, and administer medication
- Perform basic lab work, including urinalysis and blood tests
- Assist with procedures such as teeth cleaning
- Help during patient examinations and surgical procedures by restraining animals when necessary,
- Stock examination and surgery rooms with supplies
- Sterilize tools and ensure that equipment is in working order
Required Education & Experience.
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year of experience in a similar position
- Completion of a two- or three-year animal health/veterinary technology college program is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and can deal with them even when they are stressed or ill or in pain.
- Can stay calm and efficient during a medical crisis
- Is experienced in the teamwork approach and works well with all hospital staff members.
- Has excellent client communication skills
- Work requires lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal feces.
Pay Rate/ Salary: $20 per hour
Full-time 36-40 hours per week
Medical, dental, and group insurance benefits
If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are asked to apply based on the options above, phone calls will not be accepted.
This position is open to all qualified applicants & only those shortlisted will be notified.