Languages - English
College Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts (preferred)
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Food handler’s certification (preferred)
- Red Seal certification an asset
- Minimum 1 years of experience in same or similar position within a first-class culinary environment
- Proven knowledge and understanding of food and wine pairings.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and other restaurant software.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chefs, this position has the unique opportunity to provide an excellent culinary experience to guests with a team of passionate and skilled people. All while enjoying a beautiful view of our vineyard each day!
Clean kitchen and work areas; Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Responsible for preparing food in accordance with company standards; for restaurant and events.
- Take a leading role in training and coaching junior staff and apprentices.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment at all times.
- Clean the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
- Ensure station opening and closing is up to ravine’s standards.
- Works with team to receive, stack, and properly store food in kitchens, cold storage, and storerooms.
- Transfer food and supplies to the kitchen as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Cook Categories - Line cook
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Work Setting - Restaurant
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
Initiative; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized, Leadership, Multitasking, Adaptability, Physical
Free parking available, Overtime, tips, discounted or free food, store discount
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application: