GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a General Labourer in the Burnbrae Grading Station you will have a variety of responsibilities which will include Order Picking, General Utility and Packer. Order Picker will be part of a team that is responsible for ensuring the efficient receipt of goods into the facility and the accurate and timely shipment of goods to our customers. The General Utility responsibilities involve working on our grading line depalletizing and palletizing finished products and keeping the line replenished with packaging supplies. The Packers are responsible for inspecting eggs to ensure their quality and fitness for consumption, as well as packaging our eggs for distribution. The ideal candidate is a team player with high attention to detail who thrives in a fast paced and physically demanding role. Candidates chosen for this position will rotate through all positions as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Successfully complete forklift/cart safety training.
- Pick customer orders.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of customer brands and requirements.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of computers and ability to learn our warehouse management system.
- Ability to accurately read order sheets and ensure completeness of paperwork and orders.
- Package salable eggs on racks, pallets or in boxes based on daily production demands.
- Ensure proper cartons are used with proper printing on cartons as well as being correctly closed.
- Ensure code dates are legible, correct and facing in the right direction when packed on racks.
- Pull damaged or dirty eggs from cartons or flats and replace them with clean, undamaged, and properly sized eggs.
- Place dirty eggs in the proper areas to be rewashed and maintain a clean, sanitary, safe, and productive work area.
- Clean up egg spillage on the floor, or machines and properly dispose of any waste and garbage as needed.
- Maintain a positive work environment through cooperating with co-workers and management by the way you act and communicate.
- Communicate regularly with machine operators, co-workers, management, and quality assurance personnel to ensure standards of egg quality are upheld and a quality product is produced by our facility.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), maintain sanitary conditions, and report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Follow HACCP practices and actively promote our safety culture by adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents, and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Work on our grading line unwrapping and depalletizing supplies to refill the line’s packaging supplies, as well as palletizing and depalletizing our finished products.
- Other Duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous factory work or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work within a team setting as well as independently
- The flexibility to work various shifts, including days, afternoons, and weekends
- Excellent work ethic
- Proven commitment to safety and quality
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as a member of a team
- Ability to safely lift 30-50 lbs. repeatedly throughout shift while bending and twisting in variety movements
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Certificate or equivalent Preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience in the food industry and/or manufacturing environment is an asset.
LANGUAGE OF WORK
From $17.75 – 23.00$ / Hour
move through the wage range at 500, 1000 and 1500 hours
The following benefits will be available 3 months after the first day of employment:
- Health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- 5 paid sick days per year
LOCATION OF WORK
This position is based in Lyn, ON (3356 County Rd. #27, Lyn, ON, K0E 1M0) and occasionally in Brockville, ON (260 Central Avenue, Brockville, ON, K6V 4N8).
For those who are interested in applying, please send your resume to Denise Dybala at email@example.com. You can also contact her at 613-341-2008.
Burnbrae Farms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All replies are appreciated and will be carefully considered but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.