Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food; Supervise kitchen staff and helpers; Recruit and hire staff; Organize and manage buffets and banquets; Order supplies and equipment; Manage kitchen operations; Inspect kitchens and food service areas; Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef; Clean kitchen and work areas; Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment; Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods; Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Additional Skills
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Work Setting
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply