Employer Name: E & N Baker Ltd. (D.B.A Gratia Bakery & Café)
Gratia Bakery & Café (Maple Ridge Location) is located in the heart of the downtown Maple Ridge community, with views of the iconic Blanshard Peak in Golden Ears. Gratia Bakery & Café is a popular gathering place for locals and we offer quality coffee, fresh pastries, and delicious food for good company and creative minds. We are committed to providing quality products and a relaxing and comfortable setting to enjoy them in. Currently, we are looking for a full-time Baker who will be a good fit to join our team and continue bringing the Gratia’s vision of community to life.
Work Location: 22225 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 3H8
Position Title: Baker
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Estimated Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Available: 1
Wage: $15.65 – $18.00 per hour (Depending on Working Experience)
Work Hours: 30 hours per week
Benefit: 2 weeks paid vacation or 4 % vacation pay
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment, prepare doughs and batters for baked goods, such as breads, cakes, etc.;
- Decorating and displaying finished products;
- Baking mixed batters and doughs;
- Drawing up production schedules for baked goods including timeline and quantity of goods;
- Restocking workstations and ensuring all baking equipments and machinery are prepared for the next shift;
- Checking ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls, according to the standard of Gratia Bakery & Café;
- Organizing and maintaining inventory and placing order for baking equipment and supplies as needed.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required;
- Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program for bakers OR completion of a college or other program for bakers OR several years of commercial baking experience is usually required;
- Attention to detail and a great team player;
- Great time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter by E-mail to Hyeok Sang (Leo) Kwon (email@example.com) with the subject line of: Full-time Baker Position at Gratia Bakery & Café (Maple Ridge Location).Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
Gratia Bakery & Café hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is free of discrimination. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.