3330529 Nova Scotia Ltd. (o/a MLINK Logistics)
July 19, 2022
August 18, 2022
3330529 Nova Scotia Ltd. (o/a MLINK Logistics), an established leader in the transportation and warehousing industry providing freight transportation services, is looking for 4 Truck Drivers to join our team immediately. Our main office is located at 206-156 Ochterloney St, Dartmouth, NS, B2Y1E1. Our branch office, and the location you will report to, is at 2386 Haines Rd, Unit 214, Mississauga, ON, L4Y1Y6. Regular travel across Canada for work will be required.
These are permanent, full-time positions with hours generally ranging from 40 to 60 hours/week. The exact hours per week, however, will vary based on business needs. We are offering a salary of $21.70/hour along with two weeks of vacation. Additionally, salary will be reviewed yearly with an expected increase each year. The language of work for this position is English.
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers;
- Maneuvering trucks into loading or unloading positions;
- Planning efficient routes and completing deliveries throughout Canada on-schedule;
- Collecting and verifying delivery instructions and any documentation required for transportation;
- Documenting work and rest periods, kilometres driven, fuel and toll costs and receipts as per the company’s policies and procedures;
- Complying with truck driving rules and regulations, especially those related to size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods;
- Inspecting the truck’s load, systems and components (including lights, tires, brakes, refrigeration) prior to departure, on route, and upon arrival, and reporting any issues in a timely manner;
- Verifying all cargo is securely placed inside the truck and that weight is properly distributed;
- Reporting accidents or violations in a timely and accurate manner; and
- Communicating with the dispatcher, other drivers and customers as needed.
You must have the following qualifications:
- Valid Class 1 or AZ truck driver’s license;
- Completion of truck driver training;
- Experience working as a Truck Driver, covering regular and long travel;
- Demonstrated ability to drive long hours, travel regularly, and adapt to unexpected situations (including traffic, weather conditions etc.);
- Strong understanding of applicable truck driving rules and regulations; and
- No recent moving or driving violations.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Truck Driver”. Please provide CVOR, ABSTRACT and Driver License upon submission of application. Background checks will be conducted at a later time.