Location: Dresden, ON
Salary: 16.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Start date: As soon as possible
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills: Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food; Prepare food order summaries for chef; Prepare and submit reports; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Establish work schedules; Estimate and order ingredients and supplies; Ensure food service and quality control; Must have knowledge of the establishment's culinary genres
- Additional Skills: Address customers' complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Prepare budget and cost estimates; Establish methods to meet work schedules; Hire food service staff
- Work Setting: Restaurant; Food service establishment; Fast food outlet or concession; Coffee shop
- Workers Supervised: Kitchen and food service helpers; Food service counter attendants and food preparers; Food and beverage servers; Cook (general)
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise: Staff in various areas of responsibility; 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus
Employment groups: This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.