August 09, 2022
December 08, 2022
Between $ 31.50 to $ 34.50
Tyger Group Inc. operating as Tyger.ca
1775 Meyerside Drive, Units 4/5, Mississauga, ON, L5T 1A3
We are currently searching for an experienced Health and Safety Officer.
- Act as a technical advisor in health and safety issues on site always
- Always ensure compliance for workers
- Conduct safety and toolbox talks daily
- Design, implement, and/or co-ordinate health and safety projects or programs
- Maintain, update, and manage health and safety employee records
- Produce reports
- Research developments on health and safety issues from governing and regulatory bodies
- Develop job specific policies, standards and guidelines as required
- Investigate health and safety related complaints and workplace accidents
- Inspect workplaces to ensure that equipment, materials, and production processes do not present a safety or health hazard to employees or to the public in general.
- Provide consultation and deliver training programs to employees on issues of public health, environmental protection, and workplace safety.
- Understand the kind of work they do in daily basis
- Coordinate training and orientation for office and/or crew members on site
- Creation of reports specific for the employers needs in the different fields
- Creation and maintenance of H&S Policies/Procedures
- Performing analysis to ensure compliance
- Knowledge of Occupational H&S Act/Regulations
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Position /40 hours per week
Language of work:
Between $ 31.50 to $ 34.50
- Health benefits
- Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits, Life insurance
Location of work:
1775 Meyerside Drive, Units 4& 5, Mississauga, ON, L5T 1A3
As well as multiple job sites
- 5 years of work experience of Health and Safety
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma or several years of work experience in occupational health and safety
- Must be committed to work as a team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure with strong problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to be trained by company superiors to adapt to company standards and different types of work environments.
COVID-19 spread is emotionally challenging for many people, changing day-to-day life in unprecedented ways. All sections of society – including employers and employees – should play a role to protect themselves and each other and help prevent further spread of the disease. We are fully committed in protecting you as our future employee as well as our respective clients and staff.
Everyone is welcome to apply including but not limited to Youth, Person with disabilities, Indigenous people, and Newcomers to Canada.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not authorized to work in Canada, please do not apply for this job application.