Lil Chef Bistro is seeking a Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) for Squamish area. It is a full-time, permanent position, 30-40 hours/week, $20.00/hour. Vacation 4%. Sorry, we do not offer any benefits. Start date as soon as possible.
As a Food Service Supervisor, you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Train staff in job duties and sanitation and safety procedures
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- May participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets
- Must have completed high school or equivalent.
- Must have at least 2 years of related experience, ideally as a supervisor.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to handle stress and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to remain calm and professional in difficult situations.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English advanced level.
- Must be able to lead a team of a minimum of 15 people.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have Food safe level 1 and Serving it Right Certificate
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
- Must be able to provide at least one professional reference upon request.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume with your skill sets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls and walk-ins, please. Successful and desired applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.