Location: St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 4A4
Salary: $19 per hour
Hours worker per week: 40 hours per week
Overtime: to be paid in keeping with provincial employment standards
Vacancy: 1 vacancy
Education Requirements: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Language Requirements: English
Terms of Employment: Permanent/full time
Start date: ASAP
Employment Conditions: Day, Weekend
Work Settings: Indoor Facility/Outdoor Facility
- Care for clones, vegetative, and blooming cannabis plants
- Complete pruning sessions, defoliations, and toppings of plants at different stages of their lives
- Mix nutrient recipes and pest prevention remedies to nurture flowering plants
- Harvest flower blossoms on well designed schedules
- Participate in harvest such as operating trimming machines, drying racks, analytical equipment, packaging equipment, and final inspection procedures.
- Ensure clean and sanitary conditions of grow rooms, equipment, and processing rooms
- Participate in monthly staff training sessions, group home-growing learning activities and business update.
- Ensure compliance with Health Canada CTLS regulations
- Adhere to set Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Requirement to wear company issued PPE including facemasks and respirators.
- Support our sustainable energy, waste mandates and workplace Health & Safety guidelines
- Prior Cannabis handling experience is required
- Strong desire to work in cultivation or agriculture and a willingness to quickly learn about growing and harvesting quality plants
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
MUST BE 18+ AND ABLE TO PASS ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND SCREENING.
- Required: Completion of High School.
- Must have prior cannabis handling experience.
- Security Clearance/ Pesticide license preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- May be required to work in extreme heat, cold, and rain
- May be required to stand for long periods of time
- Constant bending over
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Police Information Check
- Completion of High School
- Security Clearance/Pesticide Licence Preferred
Please note that the wage will be subject to the prevailing wage in the London, Ontario are for NOC 2225 at the time of hiring
HOW TO APPLY:
Via email: Matt.McIntyre@meracannabis.com
Via mail: Mera Cannabis Corp.
PO Box 22090 Elmwood Square
St. Thomas, ON N5R 6A1