5 years or more
- Work setting
- Willing to relocate, Relocation costs not covered by employer, Transportation
- Personal suitability
- Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Interpersonal awareness, Team player
Are you available for the advertised start date?
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Budgetary responsibility
- $1,500,001 - $4,000,000
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Windows, MS Word
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs, Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions, Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments, Establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning, Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs, Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions, Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- 5-10 people
- Transportation/travel information
- Willing to travel internationally, Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, Large workload
- Job duties
- Collaborate with third party distribution partners to expand our reach and eliminate delivery errors and provide cost effective solutions to deliver products to customers
- Work cross functionally with sales and marketing team on company growth initiatives to ensure cost-effective and quality distribution is achieved for new geographic areas.
- Streamline and optimize delivery and transportation processes to ensure efficiency
- Recruit, hire, train and coach delivery and staging team
- Oversee the scheduling and operations of the staging and delivery team with the logistics analyst
- Conduct regular check ins with logistics team, including delivery to ensure engagement and best practices are being followed
- Work with customer service team to ensure we are providing a stand out customer experience
- Continually review transportation and freight costs to keep them down where possible
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on vehicles
- Determine needs, acquire bids and process requests for new equipment if needed
- In collaboration with our planning team and order fulfillment team, analyze and create overall transportation needs of the company.
- Evaluate and recommend systems needed for a logistics group, including freight bidding software, load management, etc.
- Evaluate the proper method of transport for the company’s various needs – dedicated equipment or own trucks and trailers.
- Monitor the company’s spend on the various modes of transportation and ensure proper freight recovery.
- Manage a small team of freight planners to plan and buy trucking services for a variety of purposes
- Negotiate freight contracts and package carriers.
- Manage a small team of customs / brokerage specialists that manage the import and export paperwork for the company, in combination with our broker.
- Other Duties as Assigned