SANGAM SWEETS & CURRY EXPRESS INC.
Cooks & Kitchen Helpers
September 08, 2022
March 07, 2023
SANGAM SWEETS & CURRY EXPRESS INC. is well known for its fresh and delectable meals. We are located In Mission, BC, Canada and are looking for “Two Cooks” to join our team.
Terms of employment: Permanent / Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Salary: $26.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Location: 32034 Lougheed Hwy. Mission, BC V2V 1A4
Experience: 2 to 3 years experience
Cook (NOC 6322) will have to perform all of these duties:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and order.
- Prepare and cook special dishes as directed by chef.
- Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of foods.
- Monitor and manage cooking tools and ingredients.
- Follow the recipes as per operational manual.
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers and oversee kitchen operations.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- Responsible for grilling, steaming and boiling cutting meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Assist in planning menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
- Able to withstand long hours of standing, bending, and moving around
- Experience in using different cooking tools, equipment, and utensils
- Knowledge of various cooking methods and procedures
- Understanding of food preparation techniques
- have knowledge about kitchen safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail
Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability; Organized.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.