INDICAN ENTERPRISES LTD. is looking for “two Cooks” to join their venture being operated as SANGAM RESTAURANT & CATERING located in Mission BC, Canada.
Terms of employment: Permanent / Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Salary: $26.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Location: Unit: D100, 7871, Stave Lake Street, Mission V2V 6B2
Experience: 2 to 3 years experience as cook
Cook (NOC 6322) will have to perform all of these duties:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and order.
- Prepare and cook special dishes as directed by chef.
- Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of foods.
- Monitor and manage cooking tools and ingredients.
- Follow the recipes as per operational manual.
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers and oversee kitchen operations.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- Responsible for grilling, steaming and boiling cutting meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Assist in planning menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
- Able to withstand long hours of standing, bending, and moving around
- Experience in using different cooking tools, equipment, and utensils
- Knowledge of various cooking methods and procedures
- Understanding of food preparation techniques
- have knowledge about kitchen safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail
Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability; Organized.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online at: email@example.com
We thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.