Start date: ASAP
Annual Salary: $55,000-$60,000 (Negotiable based on experience)
Hours per week: 40 (8:00-16:30)
Number of Vacancy: 1
Benefits: Extended health care (paramedical, dental, Vision, long-term/short term disability, life insurance, Pension Plan)
Location: 349 Railway Street suite 400Vancouver, BCV6A 1A4
This is a health benefits administration position. The individual works closely with other administrators in the delivery of pension and benefits administration services to members and is involved in all processes. Daily responsibilities are assigned and supervised by the Benefits Manager.
The position interacts with all staff (health and pension), finance and IT staff, clients, health services providers, Employee Assistance Plan Coordinator, Trustees and Union Officials.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Determine eligibility status for members according to Plan Texts and established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all claims are properly completed, and all necessary documentation is included by claimants.
- Adjudicate claims based on member eligibility and the provisions of specific health plan in question
- Refer cases to external Health Benefits service provider and liaise over life of claims, where appropriate
- Bring to the Benefits Manager claims and issues requiring further adjudication discussion, including preparing case summaries where requested for referral to Trustees.
- Process applications for credited time to be calculated and granted as a result of period(s) of disability
- Manage a system of loans to clients in coordinated with the Employee Assistance Plan Coordinator and the Finance & Accounting Team, ensuring loan and repayment amounts are accurately recorded, payroll deductions arranged with the payroll service provider, and all accounts are reconciled on a regular basis
- Ensure payments to members are accurate, reflecting applicable financial limits.
- Respond promptly and professionally to member inquiries at the office, via phone, email, or fax.
- Maintain complete and accurate files, both physical and electronic
- Maintain confidentiality of all documents and information related to member claims, including the physical security of documents and files.
- Recommend to the Benefits Manager and General Manager improvements to processes and controls.
- Assist with member inquiries, general office, and administrative support, as needed.
- Completion of college in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll administration or related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience in benefits administration or related field
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Proficient with formula calculations both manually and in excel
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Accuracy, ability to deal with high volume of claims, and strong organizational ability
How to apply
By email- Please submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org