Giovane Cafe is seeking a Cook (NOC 6322) in Vancouver. It is a full-time, permanent position, 30-40 hours/week, $18cad/hour plus gratuities. Vacation 4%. Extended health benefits are offered after 6 months of employment. Start date as soon as possible.
As a Line Cook, you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods according to our menu and the Chef's instructions
- Maintain inventory and records of food and supplies required in food production
- Clean kitchen and work area
- Monitor and order food and supplies required in food production
- Train kitchen staff.
- Must have completed high school or equivalent.
- Must have at least 2 years of related experience.
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to handle stress and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to remain calm and professional in difficult situations.
- Must be able to work and communicate well as a team
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts and weekends.
- Must be able to provide at least one professional reference upon request.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume with skill sets to email@example.com.
No phone calls and walk-ins please. Successful and desired applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.