- Overseeing the requirements of tools, paints, inventory and other materials for each project.
- Mixing and matching paint, stain, vanishes and other finishes as per client’s requirement.
- Building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc., as well as preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping using sandpaper in removing old paint.
- Apply paint or materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, fibreglass, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment.
- Communicating with clients to determine their painting requirements and helping them make the best decisions for their projects.
- Covering trim, floors, furniture and other surfaces with masking tape, drop cloths and other exposed area to keep them free of paint.
- Applying primer and other sealers to paint surfaces to ensure that paint sticks.
- Obeying workplace safety rules.
- Collaborating with other design and construction specialists.
- Keeping the workspace and tools clean.
- Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sandblasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls; and sandpaper and apply sealer.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- 1 year to less than 2 years’ experience with painting residential or commercial spaces will be preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communication in English
- Attention to detail, who has hand-eye co-ordination and is able to distinguish between colors.
- Good balance and physical strength as the job is physically demanding requiring bending, crouching, kneeling and standing for long hours.
- Advise consumers on colors and choice of wall coverings
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted.
- Mix paint to desired color and texture.
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces.
At various locations, On-site customer service, at Outdoors, heights, confined spaces; handling weights up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
$26.50 for 30 hours per week
How to Apply:
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org