GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a General Labourer with Island Eggs you will have a variety of responsibilities which will include Order Picking, General Utility and Packer. Order Picker will be part of a team that is responsible for ensuring the efficient receipt of goods into the facility and the accurate and timely shipment of goods to our customers. The General Utility responsibilities involve working on our grading line depalletizing and palletizing finished products and keeping the line replenished with packaging supplies. The Packers are responsible for inspecting eggs to ensure their quality and fitness for consumption, as well as packaging our eggs for distribution. The ideal candidate is a team player with high attention to detail who thrives in a fast paced and physically demanding role. Candidates chosen for this position will rotate through all positions as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Successfully complete forklift/cart safety training.
- Pick customer orders.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of customer brands and requirements.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of computers and ability to learn our warehouse management system.
- Ability to accurately read order sheets and ensure completeness of paperwork and orders.
- Package salable eggs on racks, pallets or in boxes based on daily production demands.
- Ensure proper cartons are used with proper printing on cartons as well as being correctly closed.
- Ensure code dates are legible, correct and facing in the right direction when packed on racks.
- Pull damaged or dirty eggs from cartons or flats and replace them with clean, undamaged, and properly sized eggs.
- Place dirty eggs in the proper areas to be rewashed and maintain a clean, sanitary, safe, and productive work area.
- Clean up egg spillage on the floor, or machines and properly dispose of any waste and garbage as needed.
- Perform sanitation of equipment using appropriate chemicals
- Maintain a positive work environment through cooperating with co-workers and management by the way you act and communicate.
- Communicate regularly with machine operators, co-workers, management, and quality assurance personnel to ensure standards of egg quality are upheld and a quality product is produced by our facility.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), maintain sanitary conditions, and report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Follow HACCP practices and actively promote our safety culture by adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents, and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Work on our grading line unwrapping and depalletizing supplies to refill the line’s packaging supplies, as well as palletizing and depalletizing our finished products.
- Other Duties as assigned.