In-home CaregiverSurrey - BC, British Columbia,CANADA
I, Ronnie Padda residing at 14965 – 71 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3S 2E3 requires a full time In-home Caregiver to aid and take care of my 88 years old father residing at 13955 – 92 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3V 1J3. I would also require the in-home-caregiver to assist with some household duties. This is on a live in or live out basis (optional).
In-home Caregiver will have to perform all of the below mentioned duties:
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, or illness
- Changing non- sterile dressings, assist in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of the doctor
- Develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the development of the clients health
- Guide and assist in dressing
- Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of the client
- Discuss progress or problems of their health with family members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with others
- May be required to attend meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new health activities that may benefit the elderly
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals; may shop for food and household supplies, wash, iron and press clothing of elderly if required
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Administer bedside and personal care to client such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds
- Completion of Secondary School
- Minimum 1 year experience in the job offered or related field.
- Completion of a training program in care of an elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field maybe required.
- English language required and Punjabi language as an asset .