Dental Laboratory Assistant (NOC 3223)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Dental Technologists, Technicians and Laboratory Bench Workers (3223)
NOC Job Title: Apprentice Dental Technician
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 5S8 Canada
You need to be able to do all aspects of ceramic work, and a good of understanding of anatomy and ideal tooth morphology for full mouth restorations high precision, and have a good eye for aesthetics,
• Assist dental technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices
• Prepare plaster models and moulds from dental impressions
• Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays
• Cast gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
• Pack plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures
• Mould wax over denture setup to form full contours of artificial gums
• Make orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel, or other metals
• Finish metal framework of dentures and polish and buff dentures to obtain a natural finish.
• Would be able to Communicate in English, speaking in Persian is an asset.
Dental laboratory assistants usually require secondary school and up to two years of on-the-job training.
How to Apply