September 19th, 2017
Service Technician Western Region
Ishida Canada Inc. is the Canadian subsidiary for weighing and packaging equipment manufactured by IshidaCo., Ltd. Ishida is a Japanese, multinational corporation and a global leader in weighing and packaging technology.
We are looking to add an individual to our team and fill the position of Service Technician, based out of our Surrey, B.C. branch. The candidate that will succeed in this job will be one that has a desire to see this position as a career not just a job and strives to learn and become an expert on all of our products and services. Experience is not a must but prior experience in a related field would be an asset. We are committed to providing the best training and support for this position to make you successful.
The position is as follows but is not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be able to perform Service calls in the field with confidence and a professional manner with a customer first attitude. Your duties will also include phone support troubleshooting, occasional on call for weekends and after-hours calls, responding to out of town service requests (travel to the B.C interior, Vancouver Island & Alberta etc.), as well as maintaining parts inventory for vehicle and warehouse stock. Understanding scale programing and product software, bench repairs as well as setting up of scales for certifications.
- Warehouse work such as gathering and setting up shipments for daily orders, applying necessary paperwork, warehouse cleanup and organizing, operating a forklift for deliveries and incoming shipments will also be part of your responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications
- A dedicated career person who is consistent and hardworking.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting abilities on mechanical equipment.
- Computer and a technical background is required including basic Microsoft knowledge.
- Must have a Valid and clean driver’s license. Drivers abstract will be required.
- Be willing to work over time when needed.
- An electrical and/or mechanical background on equipment or computers is required.
- Being a team player as we are a small group of people so being able to work cohesively with your coworkers is a must.
Please send your cover letter, resume to email@example.com Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.