Who We Are??
As the largest container transload provider in Canada, Euro Asia Transload Inc. pride ourselves on offering the best turnkey solutions at competitive prices.
With over 25 years’ experience behind us, our family owned and operated Canadian company values relationships and puts customer service first. We meet and exceed the needs of our clients – this has made us one of the most reliable organizations in the Canadian Logistics Market.
Our sister concern, KTL Transport operates 152 trucks per day to the Port of Vancouver with a fleet of 1000 container chassis.
We are growing phenomenally and are looking to add a new member in the existing dispatch team, who will counter-balance the work of the dispatch team though planning and executing dispatches efficiently.
What are you expected to do?
- Plan, organize and coordinate all activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking company trucks to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with customer requirements.
- Act as a liaison between customers, vendors, partners and drivers in order to maximize operational efficiencies and minimize mistakes.
- Maintain a good relationship with shipping lines for equipment control and release.
- Schedule trips and maximize equipment efficiency and utilization.
- Work with Transportation Supervisor to maintain equipment consistent with the preventative maintenance program and requirements. Schedule and keep record of any equipment issues and truck repairs.
- Respond to queries from employees and customers regarding service issues.
- Contact customers to ensure service requirements are met and provide information regarding alternative or new services.
- Watch closely reservation gateway compliance ratio, and deal with reservation dispute with terminals.
- Maintain the accuracy of the loading schedule and import schedule data base.
- Communicate with all Drivers on a daily basis to give instructions, directions and to keep track of their daily trips.
- Request and schedule appointments at the different ports.
- Direct drivers to appropriate loading dock.
- Record and maintain files updated with customer's requests, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Prepare necessary paperwork relating to shipping schedules, customs, fueling, loading and provide to the appropriate stakeholders.
What are you expected to have?
- College or post-secondary diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in similar positions is required.
- Strong customer service skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Good knowledge of Ports and Reservations
- Flexible to work day/ afternoon and weekends
- Good knowledge of Computer Applications like Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, organize and prioritize work load in order to meet numerous deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and team player.
- Valid BC class 5 driver's license
What do we have to offer you?
- Friendly and vibrant work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Rewards and Recognition
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Not a constraint for the "Outstanding" candidate