Assistant Product Manager (Event Management)Winnipeg - MB, Manitoba,CANADA
Assistant Product Manager (Event Management) Job Posting
Since 1992, Roadtrips has been known for its outstanding service and dedication to great customer experiences that have truly made it a world leader in providing “The Ultimate in Sports Travel” for individual travelers, travel agent partners, and the incentive and promotion industries. Roadtrips hosts thousands of guests every year to the most exclusive sporting events in the world and provides service for some of North America’s largest companies including many Fortune 500 firms.
Working within the Product department in our Winnipeg, MB office (700-191 Lombard Avenue), the successful applicant will work directly with the Product Manager to help fulfill events and manage event tickets, and with the Marketing Manager to help grow our business in Brazil (and throughout South America). This is a full-time, year round position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with suppliers to purchase event tickets
- Forecast cost of event tickets
- Help manage inventory systems
- Managing ticket distribution at events around the world (2 days up to 2 months depending on event)
- Growing Roadtrips sports travel business in Brazil (and throughout South America) via travel agent networks and individual travelers
- Back office organization
- Database management
- Other administrative duties as needed
Ideal candidates will:
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Highly reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to remain poised under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience in purchasing event tickets and ticket management for clients
- Previous experience in purchasing hotels, apartments, villas, tours, day trips, air flights, etc. and managing reservations for clients
- Previous experience selling travel packages within Brazil
- Previous experience working with travel agents within Brazil
- Previous experience working with Destination Management Company in Brazil and around the world
- Previous experience working at the World Cup and Olympics
- Previous experience hosting at the World Cup and Olympics
- Previous experience working with a Mac computer
- Previous experience working with a FileMaker database
- Fluent in Portuguese an asset
- Passion for travel
- Positive work ethic and team working/collaborative skills
Roadtrips is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive pay, a fun and exciting work environment, a full range of health benefits, the chance to travel to major sporting events and the opportunity to be a part of the incentive, travel and sports marketing industries. This position offers an annual base salary of $40,000 (plus up to $4,000 in bonuses), commensurate with experience.
Please send letter and resume to Jeff Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
700-191 Lombard Ave.
Ph: (204) 947-7182
Fax: (204) 957-1241