Indian CookOthers BC, British Columbia,CANADA
Company Name: DOT Pizza Ltd. dba Light House Fresh & Tasty
Location: 110A-32423 Lougheed Hwy, Mission BC V2V 7B8 Canada
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Position: 2
Position Name: Indian Cook
NOC Code: 6322/6242
Position Duration: Permanent, Full-Time (will also consider part time workers)
Salary: $17.50/hr ($36,400 annually)
Overtime: $26.25/hr (As per BC Standards – for over 8 hrs/day; 40 hrs/wk)
Observed Holidays: As outlined on labour.gov.bc.ca – 10 holidays/yr
Medical: BC MSP premiums payable by employee
Experience: At least 2 years of experience with Indian curry and traditional spices
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Have a full operational knowledge of all Indian recipes, standards, and portion sizes
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning and cooking
- Always inspect the quality and freshness of the ingredients prior to preparations
- Ensure that food preparation and serving areas are clean; sanitary for food-handling; and safe.
- Wash, peel, and cut vegetables to prepare them for consumption
- Be proficient in the use of all kitchen equipment including fryers, ovens, grills etc.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Oversee kitchen operations and staff by scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Date, rotate and check inventory in order to minimize waste and maximize quality
- Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment following proper procedures
Other Hiring Criteria:
- Team oriented with the ability to act in the best interest of the restaurant
- Ability to adapt and consistently produce established menu flavors
***** Please submit all resumes via email *****
We look forward hearing from you.
Note: We welcome applications from Aboriginals, People with Disabilities, School Leavers. Even though this position is a full time position but we encourage part time candidates to apply as well.